Mary's Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about our establishment, please refer to this handy guide to see if your questions have already been answered.
Needless to say, if there's anything you want to know which isn't listed here, please call or email us. For opening hours and directions, just scroll below.
- What sort of parties can you host?
- We can host eating and drinking parties. We generally don’t reserve the Oscar Wilde room on Fridays and Saturdays for drinking only parties as this space is generally needed for dinner service.
- Are your facilities wheelchair friendly?
- They are, all areas of our establishment can be reached with wheelchair.
- Is Mary's a child friendly bar / restaurant?
- We welcome well behaved children who are kept under supervision at all times. bear in mind that many people come to the pub to escape the sound of screaming children for a few hours.
- How early do I have to reserve for a party / table?
- We will always do our best to find space for you in the restaurant and it is usually no problem, but it’s generally a good idea to reserve a day in advance on a Friday and Saturday. If you have a very large booking it helps to give us a few days notice, as this allows us to make extra staff provisions, to ensure a speedy service for your group.
- Is the pub quiz / karaoke free entry?
- The Pub Quiz and Karaoke are both completely free to join, and we always like to see fresh faces joining in. In fact, the top three teams in the quiz win beer vouchers and anyone singing during karaoke gets a free beer for their troubles!
- Do you show football?
- We show all the big football matches, particularly the premier league games. As a pub with a passion for Rugby, we also screen the 6 nations, and southern Hemisphere rugby union games. With a number of large High Definition Screens throughout the premises, we provide a comfortable and atmospheric environment to watch the big games.
- Do you cater to specific dietary requirements (vegetarian / vegan / gluten free / nut allergy etc.)?
- We already offer a range of vegetarian and vegan dishes. For any special dietary requirements, we encourage you to call us before arrival, so that we can let you know what's possible.
- Can we turn up most evenings and expect to be seated?
- We welcome you to turn up at the door and we will do everything we can to seat you, but be aware that the restaurant can be very busy on a Friday and Saturday, so we cannot always guarantee you will get a table straight away.
- Any more details on quiz night?
- The quiz night is every Monday, starting at 8pm. teams of 4 maximum. We don’t take reservations for the quiz, but we recommend you turn up in plenty of time to avoid disappointment, as some night we have lots of teams.
- I’d like to work at Mary's, how do I go about this?
- If you are looking to join our team please feel free to drop by with a CV, or alternatively email one with a short introduction to yourself to email@example.com.
- Can you host private meetings?
- We have various spaces in the pub for private meeting, but they must be reserved and confirmed in advance, and are unavailable on certain nights.
- Can I pay with credit / bank cards?
- We accept all major bank and credit cards.
- Can I speak to the bar staff in Dutch or English?
- Mary's is predominantly an English language pub and it is the primary language of most of our staff. However, we do have Dutch speakers on the team and should the need arise, it is rare that a native speaker cannot be found to serve your table during your visit.